This page provides useful information including details of programs and procedures that will help you to get the most out of your time at Aoyama Gakuin University.
- Extracurricular Education Program
- Award System
- Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research
- Cost of Living
Extracurricular Education Program
We respond to various curiosities by offering unique and diversified education programs that differ from regular classes.
- Advanced emergency response
- Healthy home cooking using seasonal vegetables (Summer/Autumn)
- Sign language workshop (3-day intensive)
We award students who achieve excellent academic performance and students that are successful in their field of study. Awards and extra prizes will be given as "scholarships" and "academic encouragement prizes" to students that proactively show outstanding academic performance (both awards given to students in 2nd year or higher). We also have a system for giving "student awards" to students for achievements outside of academics and student union activities.
Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research
Contact the university immediately if you get injured in a sudden accident, etc. Our University is a member of the Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research, and is prepared for cases where students get injured from coincidental accidents. Student Affairs Department (Aoyama Campus) and Student Life Group (Sagamihara Campus) will respond to such emergencies.
Cost of Living
The cost of living in Tokyo area varies greatly depending on where a student chooses to live and his or her lifestyle. The following information provides estimates of the average amount of money students are likely to spend each month. While the amount may vary from student to student, the estimates below indicate the minimum amount that students should expect to spend overall.
|Rent (private apartment)||60,000|
|Leisure / Entertainment||8,000|
|Total Monthly Expenditure||120,000|
|Total Annual Expenditure *||1,260,000|
- Annual expenditure is calculated on the basis of students spending 9 months in an undergraduate course at the university, plus 3 months rent during vacation periods, which students will need to pay even if they are away during those periods.