THE PAGE YOU ARE VIEWING
- MENU -
Associate Professor or Professor
Expected lecture courses
－ English-language courses including Academic English (Applied Skills) and Practical Essay Writing Ⅰ・Ⅱ.
－ Couses of “the Japan Studies Program” in the fields of Japanese modern history, politics and society, financial and economic policies, etc.
(1) Educational, research, and administrative duties related to the School of Global Studies and Collaboration (GSC).
(2) Duties related to the acceptance of foreign students and dispatch of students of GSC.
Area of expertise
English-language education and/or Japanese Studies
Applicants should be native speakers of English and must:
(1) Hold a doctorate degree (including a Ph.D.) or equivalent in a relevant field. Degree holders in the field of Japanese studies are preferred;
(2) Have more than five years of research and teaching experience at the college level and equivalent;
(3) Have more than one year hands-on experience in teaching English;
(4) Have ability to conduct classes in English and Japanese; and
(5) Have level of proficiency in Japanese sufficient to fulfill all tasks described above.
April 1st, 2020
Aoyama Gakuin University; Sagamihara Campus (5-10-1 Fuchinobe Chuo-ku Sagamihara, Kanagawa)
A full-time position (tenured）
Benefits and salary
In accordance with the regulations of Aoyama Gakuin.
Required application documents
1) Curriculum Vitae (with a photo)
2) List of major research achievements
Achievements includes articles, columns, commentaries published in journals; books
and reports; presentations and lectures in academic associations and related
organizations; and public lectures.
3) Copies of three signicicant publications included in 2) above.
For each publicaion, please provide summary approximately in 100 words for English,
or 400 characters for Japanese.
4) An official certificate of degree conferment of highest level education.
5) A proposed syllabus (15 sessions) of one of the subjects of “Japan Studies Program” including courses on Japanese modern history, politics and society, and financial and economic policies.
6) Recommendation letters (optional)
Applications should be postmarked by May 31th, 2019.
*Please clarify “Application for english-language education/Japan studies”
Applicants selected for further consideration will be informed via email and interviews including mock lecture will take place on campus during July and August, 2019.
5-10-1 Fuchinobe, Chuo-ku, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252-5258, Japan
Aoyama Gakuin University School of Global Studies and Collaboration Academic Affairs Division
(1) Aoyama Gakuin’s education is based upon the Christian faith. Applicants are expected to understand this educational policy and philosophy of establishment of Aoyama Gakuin, and to structure teaching activities accordingly. Religious affiliation is not a requirement, but appropriate comportment is required.
Dean of Global Studies and Collaboration
email： gsc_recruit＠gsc.aoyama.ac.jp (contact only through email)