Before Leaving

Pre-Departure Orientation

Before leaving AGU, pre-departure orientation will be held. Important issues such as moving-out procedures will be informed.

Applying for additional transcripts and Certificate of Graduation

If you need official transcripts or certificate of study abroad after the gratuation, you can apply for via mail.
*Online application is not available to exchange students. Please apply via postal mail.
Since the university’s website is only in Japanese, detailed application procedure is explained in English on this page as below.

1. Fill out a designated form

2. Prepare International Reply Coupon or International Money Order

Official transcripts costs 500yen per copy + 150yen for handling fee per application. In addition, you need to pay for regular mail or EMS deliverly fee.

AGU accepts only International Reply Coupon (IRC). Each coupon is worth 130yen, so if the total fee is 490 yen, you need 4 coupons. Please make it payable to Aoyama Gakuin University, Academic Affairs Office (Kyomuka), for the total amount of the above. If you are in the country where IRC is not available, please use International Money Order.
Cash and Credit Card are not accepted.

3. Send all necessary materials

Completed order form, a copy of your passport and the fee should be sent directly to below address.

Shomeisho-Gakari, Kyomuka,
Gakumu-bu, Aoyama Gakuin University
4-4-25 Shibuya Shibuyaku 150-8366 Tokyo

*If you would like to ask your representative who is living in Japan to get your transcript or certificate, please follow these steps.

1. Please ask your representative to fill in the application form. The form is available on the above website. (available in Japanese only)

2. Please ask your representative to go to the “Student Center” (2F, Building 17, Aoyama Campus) with his/her ID (Passport, driver’s license etc) and pay fees at the counter.