- MENU -
Application Procedures to Request Reasonable Accommodations at AGU
- 01.The student, or their guarantor, who needs assistance submits an application form for initial interview. IC is in charge of applications from foreign students.
(2) Initial interview
- 01.Initial interview with SCSD and the student to see what the student needs and to gather information.
- 02.If the student requests for assistance during the class, s/he needs to submit supporting documents (such as certificate of examination, opinion of experts, certification for Persons with Disabilities issued by MHLW, etc.) to the SCSD. Please submit any documents regarding previous support history.
- 03.The SCSD will conduct assessments such as psychological examinations.
- 04.Schedule an interview, invitation of related persons (including Student).
(3) Interview with related persons
- 01.Acceptance of “application for accommodation request”
- 02.The student, the curriculum coordinator of the College/ Graduate School s/he belongs, the staff of Academic Affairs Division, The Support Coordinator, and related persons will have interview together to decide what reasonable accommodations can be made.
(4) Preparation of Support Plan
- 01.The SCSD will prepare a “Support Policy Plan” together with the College/Graduate School that the student belongs to.
- 02.The coordinator of College/Graduate School of where the student belongs to and the Chief of Education will review and prepare a “Support Policy Plan.” Afterward they will submit the plan to SCSD after obtaining the approval from the Dean.
- 03.The Director of the SCSD will decide the "Support Policy Plan" and request to related departments to assist in accordance with the "Final Support Policy".
- 04.Students will submit a “Confirmation of accommodations" and receive duplicated copy.
- 05.Faculty and staff members will be notified of the necessary accommodations requested for the students with disabilities.
- 06.We also request for accommodations to the person in charge of the class.
- 07.In addition, should it become aware that a building needs renovation, the SCSD and the Administrative Affairs Department will discuss it together.
(5) Starting Support
- 01.Once support has begun, the SCSD will check and revise it from time to time.
- 02.The SCSD will make in-campus adjustments and contact those necessary regarding implementation of support.
(6) End of semester interview
- 01.An interview at the end of each semester so that we may better improve our support system.